Friday, August 31, 2007

The Jesus Storybook Bible


Our dear friends Kate and BJ Stockman have recently blessed our family with a copy of Sally Lloyd-Jones' book The Jesus Storybook Bible.

This is book described as "...containing forty-six Bible stories from creation to Revelation with beautiful, rich, and vibrant artwork,
The Jesus Storybook Bible invites children to join in the greatest of all adventures and discover for themselves that Jesus is at the center of God's great story of salvation - and at the center of their story, too."

Tim Keller, a fantastic pastor/teacher/thinker/author from New York City, gives this endorsement: "I would urge not just families with young children to get this book, but every Christian--from pew warmers, to ministry leaders, seminarians and even theologians! Sally Lloyd-Jones has captured the heart of what it means to find Christ in all the scriptures, and has made clear even to little children that all God's revelation has been about Jesus from the beginning--a truth not all that commonly recognized even among the very learned."


You can see/download (PDF) a sample of the book
here.

I am really looking forward to reading through this book with our kids and using it to teach our family to see Jesus in all of the Bible. Kate and BJ,thank you for blessing our family with this wonderful book.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Hulst mommy said...

Nate~ It's funny b/c I was just looking for a birthday gift idea for a friend's daughter. I went and grabbed this book. I loved it so much that I bought one for Kailyn too! Thanks for the wonderful idea! The Lord's timing is perfect as usual.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Nate said...

Awesome! I'm glad you like it. It's been wonderful reading it with Adelaide, although she always wants to flip the pages before we get done reading all the words.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Sally Lloyd-Jones said...

Hi Nate
I just came across your blog and thought I'd stop by and say Hi and thank you so much for this lovely review of the book--and helping spread the word (!).

you and your readers may also be interested to hear about a radio interview (where I read from 6 of the stories in the book and talk about what was like writing the book) and a blog interview (with Dan Cruver at Eucatastrophe) all available on my blog--tag BIBLE

Send my love to your little ones!

: }

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home