Thursday, November 02, 2006

drinking from the (Christmas music) stream

somehow, some folks read my last post and assumed (and we all know what happens to people who assume!) that i don't like listening to Christmas music except at certain times o' the year, such as at Christmas time. not true! i was merely pointing out that amy grant was in my last .fm queue and i wanted to clear my name.

to prove my undying love of Christmas music, be it united nations day or the ides of march, here are two marvelous Christmas albums/collections that you can listen to for free:


sufjan stevens' Christmas extravanganza (stream here)


and my personal favorite:


andrew peterson and friends behold the lamb of God (stream here)


you can also listen to one of andrew peterson's other records, the far country, here.

(i received word of the AP records being available from the remarkable mark "big daddy foolish sage" traphagen)

i have loved listening to both of these collections, especially the andrew peterson album. listening to behold the lamb of God has become part of our family's Christmas tradition and i hope that it become part of yours.

so, never fear! you will never receive condemnation from me if i catch you listening to Christmas music in august. unless of course, it's amy grant. or celine dion.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Yay, that's exciting!

I'm so glad you don't prove to be a scrooge after all. I need you to have a chat with Jesse! :)

I can kind of see a resemblance between you and Mark... haha

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I broke out the AP album yesterday... such good stuff. Having seen it performed live only enhances the love I have for that album.

I've heard some of the Sufjan stuff, and I will definitely be buying that CD set sometime this season.

5:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent post N-dawg, except of course for ripping on Celine Dion who sings 'Ave Maria' so beautifully on her Christmas album.

Now why I like Ave Maria at all is another story all together being that I am about as far as you get from being Roman Catholic.

Trusting the Maker of the moon rather than the Mama of Jesus,
-bj-

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home