Monday, September 03, 2007

Bocce!


One of our favorite family activities is to play the marvelous game of bocce ball. For those of you under the age of 65, let me explain: bocce is a game where players toss/roll balls at a smaller target ball (referred to as the pallino, which is a really fun word to yell out with a faux-Italian accent) within the confines of a large court.

The fair city of Rio Dell (officially known as "The Warm Hearted Cit
y"), where we make our home, put in a public bocce court last year and we have been using it frequently.

Here are some photos from some of the Downey's boc
ce escapades:


...like a gazelle in motion

My brother Nick, nervously anticipating my next move

Dallass and I, surveying the court

And just for fun, this is Ken Dothee, former president of the United States Bocce Federation. His beard is so awesome I had to include a picture of him.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home