Sunday, April 01, 2007

Mr. Mom

This weekend I did something I have never done before: took care of my daughter without my wife for longer than 6 hours.

Dallass left on Friday with the rest of the ladies from our church to a retreat at the beautiful Lost Coast Ranch and Adelaide and I have been a 2/3.875 (Hugh is almost here!) family all weekend. It was not hard at all and we have had a blast, watching Lady and the Tramp, getting the mail, hanging out with Grandma (and the rest of the Downey clan), and reading together. Adelaide now asks me often to read to her from the Bible (which she calls the "Bi-Bee"), so we've been reading through Leviticus (exciting) and some Psalms. It is a great blessing to have my daughter ask me to read to her from Scripture.

She's got a little cold, so there has been lots of nose wiping, etc. We also had to skip church this morning, but she's doing ok. She's napping now and Dallass should be home right after she wakes up.

So...I learned a little bit more about being a dad and it has been great. That being said, I am really looking forward to having Dallass home. I love her and I miss her terribly when she's gone.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Joel + Sarah said...

Hey, way to go, you're just like Michael Keaton in that movie! Or was that Arnold Schwarzenegger in that other movie? Anyway, you're just like a celebrity in a 90's comedy.

Sarah

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home