Monday, June 16, 2008

This movie should have never happened...

Pete Peterson has a review of M. Night Shyamalan's newest film The Happening over at the Rabbit Room. He analyzes Night's other films and asks "What has happened to Shyamalan?" Good question. Like Pete, I saw this movie on opening night and was absolutely appalled. It was so bad that I have been contacting people for the sole reason of warning them not to go see this movie. I am with Pete on pretty much every point (except that Signs is my favorite MNS film) and he writes it so much better than I would have.

I should have listened to the Filmspotting guys.

If you'd like to see in detail how bad this movie was, The New Republic has a spoiler (and I use that word loosely, because it insinuates that there was something good to be spoiled) laden review that was way more fun than the movie. See the review here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home