Tuesday, April 11, 2006

found?

in keeping with a theme started by brother matt over at 300 grams, i enter my submission for cool Christian tv shows:

'found'

an action/drama series where a group of missionaries stumble upon a group of people stranded on a mysterious tropical island in the plane wreck of adriatic flight 714. the missionaries would then be able to provide answers for the questions that the puzzled survivors have, such as:

-how did an iMac G5 get into the hutch and why is there only one button on the mouse?

- who are the "gentiles", a strange group of pagans who apparently already lived on the island?

- why did mr. ricola chop off two strands of his beard?

- is the mysterious black cloud actually a representaion of the Holy Spirit that is trying to lead the survivors to freedom?

the missionaries would also be able to explain the evils of "dharma and greg", which the survivors have been watching continuously on a projector since they crashed on the island. they would also make the women wear more modest clothing, put ex-rocker chuck into a Christ-centered drug recovery program and eventually commandeer flat-iron's (the crafty resident trader of the group) stash of goodies in the name of the Kingdom.

(if you have never watched the show 'lost', then this post will be absolutely buffoonery to you. so go watch it [yes, all 1.75 seasons] and come back when you are prepared)

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

That's hilarious! I love it Nate, thanks for the heads up. I need to add your blog to my links so that I'm sure to check back and read more often!

I finally caught up on LOST this weekend, we were about a month and a half behind and finally broke down and got all the missing episodes from iTunes. Gosh, I love it, I have no idea where they're going to go next! :-D

9:46 PM  
Blogger Laura D said...

Thanks for the laugh!

7:14 PM  
Blogger Brother Matt said...

I see that you're the Nirvana to my Pixies. That's cool. I still have indie integrity.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home